Our Commitment to Privacy:
St. Mary’s College, Quezon City (SMCQC) respects your right to privacy, and through its compliance with relevant privacy and data protection laws, particularly the Data Privacy Act of 2012, commits itself to protect the personal information you provide when you access its website. Components of this website which are linked to third parties are subject to the third party data protection and privacy practices.
Information We Collect:
When you browse this website, technical information about your visit is automatically recorded. They may include but not limited to the following:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- browser used
- web pages requested
- referring web page
- date and time of connection
In most instances, a technical information by itself is not sufficient to determine your identity. Personal information such as your name, home/email address, and phone number will only be collected if you provide it voluntarily. Do not submit any of such information if you do not want it to be collected, processed, utilized, and stored.
Reasons for Collecting Information:
The collected technical information is used primarily to ensure SMCQC website is safe and secure. It may also be used to trace website errors, investigate data breach, and analyze usage statistics. If SMCQC will use collected technical information that constitutes personal data for purposes other than those established in this policy, we will inform you and obtain your consent prior to such use.
Usage, Storage and Retention of Collected Information:
The collected information is processed and used to:
- maintain the safety and security of the site and its visitors
- enforce regulatory requirements
- improve the design and content of the website
- improve the user experience of the site
- determine demographic information on the usage of the site
- communicate to the visitor regarding SMCQC services and updates
- troubleshoot website errors
SMCQC may share the collected technical information to:
- comply with statutory requirements as mandated by law
- maintain the safety and security of the information collected and the data subject
- interact with third-party service providers that support our services
Collected technical information is stored in the data centers of SMCQC and is accessible only to authorized personnel and to third party service providers. As part of the security measures to safeguard your information, you are enjoined to read the privacy policies of such third parties by visiting the links provided.
The collected information is retained for as long as necessary to achieve the declared purpose for its collection.
Your Rights and How to Exercise Them:
You have rights regarding your personal data, and should you wish to exercise these, or if you have some complaints, concerns, or questions regarding the collection and use of your information, you may contact SMCQC at:
Contact Number: (8)373-6847 to 49
School Address: # 37 Mother Ignacia Avenue, Barangay Paligsahan, Quezon City